THIS WEEK, MARCH 28TH – APRIL 1ST
- WORK ZONE AREA: RIVER ST TO HILL ST
- Continue pavement removal from Ravine St to Hill St
- Continue water main from Ravine St toward Hill St
- Water service installations River St to Ravine St (properties in the 100 & 200 blocks)
- Start sanitary and storm sewer installations from River St to Ravine St
NEXT WEEK, APRIL 4TH – 8TH
- Continue pavement removal and utility work to the south toward Huntington Court
LOCAL TRAFFIC ACCESS:
- Starting this week, there will be operations that require the entire width of Galena Street to be closed off at specific locations
- ie, sanitary pipe crossing at Wisconsin St intersection, water services, sanitary laterals
- This means that local traffic will need to use an alternate route to drive around the work zone to get to/from their homes
- ie, if you live near Center Hill Rd there will be times you won’t have direct access down Galena St to cross the bridge to downtown Main Street
- It is difficult to schedule and accurately communicate all of these restrictions, so we ask that you please be patient and keep an eye on daily operations to plan your routes.
- Whenever feasible it’s safest to avoid driving through active work zones.
- The contractor is communicating their operations with emergency vehicle services as necessary.
- Any questions/concerns on this, please contact me or the Contractor’s foreman Shawn 608-343-8498.
The map below provides an update on other projects around the area: