Darlington, Wisconsin is well known to ATV & UTVers alike. The beauty of southwest Wisconsin and the Cheese Country Recreation Trail draws thousands of tourists every year. We invite you to join us, but please know the rules and drive carefully.
You may drive upon the streets in the City of Darlington, but please be aware there are special, more stringent, rules that regulate operating upon streets. These rules are even more stringent than state laws and come with costly fines.
- Obey the posted speed limits
- Only operate upon marked streets/highways with speed limits of 35 mph or less
- No loud exhaust
- No careless or drunken operation
- Vehicle must be insured and carry proof of it
- Operator must possess a valid driver's license in addition to the state ATV safety course certificate
- No open intoxicants
- Must wear your seat belts if the unit is equipped with such
- Everyone 17 and under must wear a DOT approved helmet (not a bicycle helmet)
- Vehicle must be registered
- Must comply with all state and county ordinances/laws
- Streets and trails closed 1 am - 5 am daily