The City is asking for everyone’s help and cooperation in the following simple rules. Remember, brush pick-up is a service provided by the City and it makes everyone’s job a little easier when it is done right.
The City personnel has the right to refuse pick-up.
· The regular monthly brush pick-up is the second Tuesday of the month, and they only pick up once a month; except for Spring and Fall clean-ups.
· Two trucks perform brush pick-up; a chipper truck picks up branches/limbs and the other truck picks up bags of leaves, small brush, and lawn & garden trash. If one truck stops and picks up your bags but not your branches, or vice versa, don’t worry….the other truck will be around to get the rest soon.
· Brush or bagged leaves should be placed out at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled Tuesday of brush pick-up. If you put your brush/leaves out after that time, or after the truck has already gone by, there may be the possibility that it may not be picked up until the next month’s scheduled pick-up date.
· The City brush pick-up is only for trimmings, not for whole trees. If you contract with someone to cut a tree for you, they must haul it away. The City will not pick it up.
When setting branches/limbs out at the curb, remember that the City chips the branches/limbs for compost. Limbs should be no larger than 6″ in diameter, and all side limbs must be cut from the main trunk/limb. The branches/limbs will not fit through the chipper if they have a large “V” joint attached to them. Set the branches/limbs at the curb with the butt, or larger end, facing toward the street, all laying in the same direction.
Larger trunk pieces should be stacked in a separate pile. Please do not throw logs, etc. on top of the branch pile or brush.
· Smaller brush or lawn & garden trash should be bagged, boxed, or placed in a separate bin. Please do not pile tree limbs and lawn trash together! We ask that the small brush or lawn & garden trash be in a container or bundled so that they can neatly make it onto the truck. If small items are just piled at the curb, they will fall through the tines on the pitchfork and leave a mess behind.
Each bag/box/bin of lawn trash should not exceed 35 lbs.
· Leaves should be bagged and placed at the curb. Please do not rake leaves into the street.
· The City does not pick up grass clippings, dirt, gravel, any building materials, appliances, or old furniture. Faherty, Inc. should be contacted at (800) 848-4591 for the pick-up of appliances or furniture.